Learn Jewelry Making from Home
We’re now offering virtual jewelry making lessons! Now is the perfect time to learn a new creative skill from the comfort of your home. Video lessons start at $15 for a 30-minute private session.
First and foremost, you’ll definitely want to be in a quiet space with good lighting (a small desk lamp is helpful). Be sure to have your magnifying glass or glasses handy. After all, there’s nothing more frustrating than not being able to find the bead hole!
Amy, Briana, and Hannah will be here to work with you one-on-one and help you master any one of these beginner-friendly jewelry techniques. Here’s our list of suggested tools and materials you may want to have on-hand:
Introductory Wire Wrapping
In this video lesson, your instructor will teach you how to make wire wrapped loops + perfect coils. By the end of this session, you should have a basic understanding on how to create a ‘rosary-style’ gemstone chain through wire wrapping.
- Tools Needed: Round-nose pliers, Flat-nose pliers, Wire cutters
- Materials Needed: Round Half-Hard Wire (18 gauge through 26 gauge is fine) and beads to link together
Traditional Silk Knotting
Silk knotting is quite therapeutic. What’s more, it’s probably the easiest jewelry making technique to pick up as it requires the least amount of effort. All you really need is a pointy pair of tweezers, some string, and beads!
- Tools Needed: Tweezers
- Materials Needed: Beads & stringing material that will work with your beads (we recommend silk or nylon cord)
Beginner Bead Stringing
Maybe you purchased everything you needed to get started but you were too intimidated to begin or never had the free time? Well, now is the time to put your pliers to work and learn everything you need to know about findings, Beadalon, and how to properly attach a clasp.
- Tools Needed: Wire cutters, Bead board (optional – just be sure to have a tape measurer handy), Crimping pliers
- Materials Needed: Beadalon wire, crimp beads, wire guardians (optional), crimp covers (optional), clasp, and pretty beads!
Need tools and materials before scheduling a lesson?
Click here to book a shopping session first!
To schedule a virtual jewelry making lesson:
- Select your desired date + time.
- We’ll follow up with a confirmation email to find out what techniques you’d like to learn and send you a PDF of the lesson so that you can follow along.
- Your instructor will FaceTime you or video-chat you for your lesson.