How to Layer Your Necklaces
If you’ve picked up a Vogue magazine recently or have been scrolling through your Instagram feed, then you may have noticed that just about every fashionista has been adorning themselves with multiple layers of necklaces. While we truly believe that there is no right or wrong way to wear jewelry, we’re here to offer you our fool-proof guide for the best way to achieve this stylish, eye-catching look.
Find out your desired lengths for each necklace
First, you’ll need to decide what length you’d like each of your necklaces to fall.
Check out our list below for the most common necklace lengths:
- 14″ necklace – Fits most like a choker
- 16″ necklace – Falls perfectly around the base of the neck like a collar
- 18″ necklace – This is a common choice for most people. It falls just below the throat at the collarbone.
- 20″ necklace – Will fall a few inches below the collarbone and allow a little more breathing room. Perfect for a low, plunging neckline or over a turtleneck!
- 24″ necklace – Falls below the neckline
- 36″ necklace – Common length with pearl strands and will hang below the bosom.
Gather some jewelry inspiration pics
When in doubt, check out how others are layering their necklaces. We love using hashtags like #layerednecklaces on Pinterest and Instagram. It’s inspiring to see how other jewelry lovers are putting together their layered looks!
Don’t be afraid to mix it up
When we layer our necklaces, we love mixing unique styles of jewelry together. For example, try pairing a few simple beaded necklaces with some of our pre-made wire-wrapped gemstone chains. If you prefer to wear different styles of bold chain, consider mixing your metals. Bright silver chains look great next to some antique silver chains.
We hope you enjoyed our guide on layering necklaces. Wearing all of your favorite necklaces all at once is a great way to show off your talented jewelry making skills!
Want some one-on-one help? Consider taking a private jewelry-making lesson with us! Contact us