Hey Norwalk, mark your calendars:
Beadworks is turning 30!
…and we can’t wait to show our gratitude to the Norwalk community for your decades of support. We’re celebrating the occasion with a full day of FREE in-store events on Friday, September 22 to thank our customers and inspire future small businesses.
Located in the historic SoNo design district, Beadworks is a neighborhood landmark, embodying the visionary, creative vibe that defines Southern Norwalk. We’re your premier destination for high-end stones, gems and other jewelry-making materials, and our in-house classes, led by knowledgeable staff, equip customers with all the skills they need to create gorgeous jewelry of their own.
To celebrate our 30th year as a hub of the SoNo small business community, we’re hosting a day-long celebration on Friday, September 22 complete with FREE WORKSHOPS to inspire future small businesses, special sales and — of course — birthday cake!
If you’ve got a small business vision you’re ready to turn into a reality, you won’t want to miss our Business Building Workshop series! Abigail Wall — small business veteran, MBA, former consultant, and, most importantly, our owner — will be presenting a series of practical and action-oriented workshops that will equip you with the skills you’ll need to make your venture a success. Any budding entrepreneur will benefit from this survey of the nuts and bolts of running a business, not just jewelry designers! Workshops are free, but please RSVP ahead of time via our class calendar and send all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance so she can prepare answers for the workshop.
FREE WORKSHOP SCHEDULE:
Friday, September 22
- 9am-10am – Make It Official! -Developing your side hustle into a viable, flourishing business is a journey, and every journey has a timeline — but when you’re creating your own business from scratch, the steps aren’t always clear. What are the benefits and challenges of building your passion into a business, and how do you tackle the process?
Come learn the nitty-gritty of getting your venture off the ground: we’ll go over basics such as when to register for a sales license, how to incorporate, and when to get a lawyer. This hands-on, interactive workshop will be lead by Abigail Wall — small business veteran, MBA, former consultant, and, most importantly, our owner! With years of experience running a women owned & centered business, Abigail’s business advice will be of special interest to all you female entrepreneurs out there, exploring the specific challenges women face in the business world. Click the link to view workshop details and RSVP!
- 10am-11pm – How to be Profitable at any Size -Whether your business is big or small, understanding how to price your products and control your costs is critical to ensure long-term success! This hands-on workshop will outline basic pricing strategies and introduce some low-cost/free technology to support you along the way. The workshop will be lead by Abigail Wall — small business veteran, MBA, former consultant, and, most importantly, our owner! Click the link to view workshop details and RSVP!
- 11am-12pm – Going Digital – When you’re running a small business, the internet can be an incredibly powerful tool to get your work out there — if you know how to use it. Before you go head to head with Amazon, brush up on the basics and challenge some of your assumptions. This hands-on workshop, lead by our owner and business veteran Abigail Wall, will include primers on Google Analytics and digital advertising so you can confidently harness the power of the web to promote your brand. We’ll also discuss using Etsy, Instagram and Facebook to sell your wares! Click the link to view workshop details and RSVP!
- 12 – 1pm: Birthday Party! – We’ll be sharing our appreciation (and, of course, some delicious birthday cake) with the community that has supported Beadworks for the past 30 years. From our fellow SoNo businesses, loyal customers and employee alumni to the Norwalk fire department, our local community is the wind in our sails and we want to say thank you. Please join us!
Beadworks is located in the heart of the SoNo neighborhood, at 139 Washington Street (corner of Washington and Water Streets). We’re easily accessible by train or car, and plentiful metered parking and paid lots are available steps from our door! Visit our directions page for detailed instructions.
Workshops fill up fast, so make sure to reserve your spot as soon as possible! All workshops are FREE, but you must RSVP ahead of time using our class calendar:
ADDITIONAL SPECIAL EVENTS:
- Tuesday, 9/26 – Thursday, 9/28: GEM SHOW! Always a customer favorite, we couldn’t celebrate our birthday without a gem show! Explore an extended selection of our most fabulous gemstone strands, pendants and pairs.